Saturday, November 14, 2009

Counting Blessings

"Count your many blessings, name the one by one" says the hymn. I am so excited about all the stuff we got y-day, I just have to tell y'all!

-oddly enough, we still have a phone and DSL, and now it is weekend. Who knows when it will be disconnected now?
- some friends bought us a car seat for baby. It was out of stock at one store, and the other store had it on sale!
- my parents bought us a bassinet
- my parents bought us a ton of everyday stuff that we were completely out of: garbage bags, paper towels, dish soap, free clear laundry detergent, strong smelly laundry detergent (for Paul's work clothes), toilet paper, a toilet scrub brush, bleach, rubber gloves (for Becca to do dishes), diapers for Joshua (in a big BOX), wet wipes, fabric softener, light bulbs, and work gloves for Paul
- my parents even bought a few items off of my "just dreaming" list: a 12 inch skillet, and 8 small Corelle plates
- my MIL took an old phone and got it connected with their family and friends cell phone plan, so that I will never be without a phone...only 34 days till Baby is due!

God has been very kind to us in providing these provisions. I think Paul will sleep better at night knowing that we have everything the Baby needs to make his grand debut! And, I will sleep better with clean sheets, washed in detergent! I am earnestly saying, "Praise God from whom all blessings flow." But, I am also trying to be mindful that this difficult financial season is a blessing. Paul has been very a stable pillar of strength that always points towards our eternal Tower. I am blessed to have such a husband!

The name of the LORD is a strong tower;
The righteous runs into it and is safe . Prov 18:10 (NASB)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Bethany! Clicking through my blog followers, and found your new blog.
Looks wonderful!
It is more then awesome to see God provide for all needs.

Count your blessings, name them one by one.....See what God has done.
Paula