Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Paul has Pleurisy

Please pray for Paul. He has missed many days of work now (Friday through this morning). At first we could not get a good diagnosis, but he had a chest X-Ray y-day and the diagnosis is Pleurisy. He is not taking antibiotic, as the condition is not supposed to be bacterial (according to Paul's D.O.). His only treatment, for now, is Advil. I would like to go by the health foods store and pick up some supplements, but when your husband has missed several days of work is not a good time to experiment with costly treatments.

Do you have any suggestions for natural treatments of pleurisy or of prevention for other lung problems (remembering that Paul gets pneumonia every year... not yet this year)?


Also, be sure to take the poll in the top right corner!


I'll have a Baby 6 update later, I go to the OB at 3:20.

6 comments:

MamaHen said...

Oh my Bethany. So sorry about this. I will be praying today for him. And for you. Can't wait to hear the baby news. Rebekah goes back to the doc on Thursday and they will decide what to do.

Unknown said...

I would say first of all make absolutely sure he is not getting a flu shot.
There are no suppliments that you can use that will help other then high doses of fermented cod liver oil. If you do not have that, then sublingual D3 and liver to balance with A.
Everything I have read, is to go on a total fast at the first sign of pleurisy. Drink 3-4 glasses of water over the day, slowly increasing to 6 glasses over several days.
Once the symptoms susbisde, a raw milk diet, up to 4 liters per day is encouraged.
100 degree baths are very helpful, along with as much fresh air as possible.
Dry hot saunas can help a great deal as well. You might see if a local hotel, spa or health club has one.

Bean said...

I had pleurisy once, it is quite painful, the best cure is rest and something for the pain, generally it improves significantly after a few days. It is an inflammation of the pleura,part of the outside of the lung, so breathing deeply and/or coughing can be painful.
In this case time is the best healer.

Keeping you in my prayers,

Bean

Bethany W. said...

P, M, &B,
I read those same things. He is trying to boost his water intake, but he missed the best opportunity to fast. He goes back to work tomorrow, and could not possibly work such hard labor while fasting.
Thanks for the ideas.

Bean,
Yep, I've had it before too... ouch! I am empathizing.

Bethany W. said...

Mama Hen,
I like your new profile pic.

NYLass said...

we will be praying...