Monday, December 5, 2011

I Choose to Praise

It is almost 5am. I should still be sleeping. But, I had some unfortunate early morning cleaning to do... the kind that follows every mother's least favortie sentence, "Mommy, I think I'm gonna {{splat}}." Yep, I've got another kid sick.

But, I am choosing to find things to be thankful for in the midst of this. It doesn't come naturally, I am not one of those always happy, glass-half-full kind of people.

I choose to be thankful for:
- Sprite for kids to sip
- running water, electricity, washing machine, dryer, Charlie's Soap
- easy-to-clean wood laminate flooring!
- energy to clean floors and wash laundry before 5 ((shudders))
- a nine year old who, after getting sick at 3 am, brought up her own dirty sheets and put them in the laundry room!
- not all 5 had this on the same day
- Paul has not been sick
- Josiah has not been sick
- we might have this all through our "system" before Baby 6 comes

That's a good start. I am making every effort to bring a "sacrifice of praise" to the Lord. He's heard my grumbling. Let Him also hear my rejoicing!

No comments: