Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankfulness

I have so much to be thankful for!

- salvation!, that is not contingent on my performance, but on the Great Big Love of God!
- a nice, big, mold-free house
- five healthy kiddoes
- My little girl, Lydia, was saved from near dying in May 2008, of unknown causes. Now she is still small, but very happy and active.
- dry beans
- children who LOVE to learn!
- Nelson is really starting to read well (He has been reading for a while, but it just did not "click" until last week. I love it when the lightbulb gets switched on!)
- The children are making friends at church
- brown rice
- Four of my children are believers! (Joshua- age 4- was not baptized, but he is quite the little Christian!)
- Three of my children are baptized
- My husband loves the Lord
- fresh bread, cooked by Rebecca or Paul instead of myself
- My husband loves me and my children with great passion
- I get to meet Baby 6 in the next 5 weeks (or so)
- dairy products in my fridge without having to own a cow
- Paul weighs less than 200 pounds again!
- We all have plenty of healthy food to eat, we never go without
- Our family dog, Daisy, is a very nice pet... and very low maintenance
- Praising God IN ADVANCE that one day soon my well water will be going through a filter again, and I will be able to do my laundry... (Please, Lord, make it soon!)
- We have an internet connection in our home
- My cherished piano, flute, and guitar are all standing ready for service whenever I want them
- In-Laws nearby who want to take care of me, and who have agreed to be "on-call" from 3am to 3pm every day until Baby 6 comes.
- Yummy food... oh, did I already say food? Well, you see, I am pregnant, and food is very important to me just now :0)
- Transportation - we are trusting God and praising Him IN ADVANCE, because we know that He will get us a BIG van just when we need it. 
- Books. Bibles. More books.
- Great sermons streamed through our computer.
- Getting to hear Paul preach again!!! (And, soon you can too. He bought a digital recorder and is hunting for the right sermon hosting site.)

I could sit here all day and come up with many, many more ideas. But, I think you get the idea. We are grateful for all the Lord has done for us! And, we are thankful for all His is going to do!

No comments: