Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A Day on the Farm

We spent all day at the farm yesterday. We were very tired at the end of the day. Paul could hardly get out of bed at 3 to go to UPS. Paul's Dad had a lot of odd jobs that would not have been too overwhelming for 3-4 grown men, but our hay team consists of Paul, his Dad (who has a hernia), his mother (who can only drive the truck), my two eldest children, and my own pregnant self. It was some day!

Most of the time, I watched the kiddoes and took pictures. But, when it got to be late afternoon I knew that I would have to help. So, I pulled on some heavy gloves and started stacking hay bales in two long lines. The purpose of this is that the men who gather the bales do not have to walk so far from the trailer each time to pick up the bale. Also, the bale(s) on top of the stack are higher off the ground and the men do not have to bend down. It was a small thing for me to do, but it helps them a lot.

So, without further ado - pictures. As usual, click any picture to bring up the nifty enlargements page.









Did you notice the big white dog? He is a Great Pyrenees. We will be getting his sister this Friday! She will likely eat more than she is worth for a while, but we could not pass on a "free" pure bred livestock dog with such a great disposition.

No comments: