Sunday, October 23, 2011

Worst Case of Croup Ever...

(at least in my experience). Josiah is very sick with Croup. He was up most of the night unable to breathe. Knowing that cold mist is better than hot humidity, we took him outside in the cool night air to breathe. We also tried a steamy bathroom - that only made him worse. We also slathered the poor thing in Vick's Vapor Rub. By 5:30am, after a few hours of restless sleep, I was too tired to get us both dressed to go outside, so I just sat in front of my open window. By 6, I was too tired to even answer Paul's questions about the baby's condition and Paul took over the next hour until Joey finally fell asleep again... until 7:30.

I have never seen such a bad case of croup. I don't want to take him to the ER, as I am afraid that we might pick up something even worse there.

Please, please pray for Josiah. In all my 9 1/2 years of mothering I have never seen a case like this.

No comments: