Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I live for recess

Really... I do. I am constantly looking at the clock to see when I can set the captives free.

Don't get me wrong. I love teaching my kids. And, the kids really do love school. BUT, we all need a break from time to time.

Today Lydia (6) was trying to sound out words, while Joshua (4) and Josiah (21 mos) were playing with blocks. Rebecca (9) was doing her Pathway Readers and talking aloud to herself. I ended up sending everyone out of the room while Lydia completed her reading assignment.

Then, I set the inmates free. We donned our winter coats and raced outside... and I DO mean raced! The dog was weaving in between children as she ran wildly about the yard. The children went running no where and everywhere all at the same time. I love watching their cheeks turn pink from the activity and the cold wind.

Yep - I like school... but I live for recess.

No comments: