Sunday, October 23, 2011

What am I going to do??? (Croup update)

Josiah woke up from his nap in very bad condition. This was more or less to be expected.

BUT, I was not expecting Joshua (4) to wake up croupy!!!

And, though Nelson (almost 8) is way too old to have croup, he coughed and sounded like a seal. And, since he didn't even touch his lunch, I know he is very sick too.

Paul leaves for work at 3:30ish am. What am I going to do with 1, 2, or 3 (or more?! - heaven help us!) croupy little ones?!!!! I have no one nearby to call to stay the night with me... there is no one who is not scared of sickness.

I have further resolved my decision that when I am an older mother and my youngest ones are grown, I WILL help mamas with their sick babies!

Oh, God, please help me!

3 comments:

MamaHen said...

Could any of the grandparents come? Or a sister or aunt? If I was close enough I would be there in a heartbeat Bethany.

So sorry your little ones are feeling so bad. Please keep us updated.

Bethany W. said...

Hmmm... first you change your picture... then your name? Is this a mid-life crisis thing? (just kidding!)

Thanks for your concern! Paul's folks are very close, but they are very afraid of germs. So, I knew better than to call them. My parents are 4 hours away.

Last night was ROUGH!!! Joshua was up, then Joey, then Joshie, and Joey, then Joshie... you get the idea. I slept very little and I think at some point I passed out, because I have absolutely no recall after Paul left for work. I have tried to nap a few times today, I just can't sleep.

Thanks for letting me whine, friend!
Bethany

MamaHen said...

Bethany-Abbie has wanted to start her own blog (again) and we were trying it out. Somehow her name got on my profile. Who knows?