Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Eating Healthy is BAD for you?

Read THIS first.

This article literally made me laugh out loud. Then, I realized that some people really believe that healthy eating is BAD (and can lead to malnutrition!). And the eating-healthy-disorder will probably appear in the new DSM (what Drs use to evaluate a person's mental health). That is not funny, it's sad!

Now, I do understand that there are people who seem terribly overwhelmed with healthy diet. These people are afraid to even eat with others, for fear that they might consume soimething with refined sugar or something warmed in a miucrowave. Now, that's going a bit far - in my opinion.

Yet, every time I read a book on healthy eating, as it pertains to whole/unrefined foods, I feel like "I can never go back." I try not to be consumed with it, but I know that I can never be as carefree as I used to me.

But, for now - I will enjoy the sugary Coffee Mate that I use in two mugs a day. I will enjoy the cookies I splurge on from time to time. I will enjoy the food that others bring to potlucks.

This is a great post to lead into the post I have had in draft all weekend, entitled When Healthy Eating and Budget Collide, I will try to post that today!

1 comment:

Mama in Uganda said...

Great little post. Your joke was quite funny --and sadly realistic in todays world :-)