Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Just make one change

I have been brutally honest about my struggles giving up sugars, caffeine, sodas, etc (all at once!). It has not been easy.

I can imagine that some of you read this blog and think that I have gone off the deep end. Maybe I have. But, I want to encourage you all - you do not have to take out every cherished food item from your diet all at once.

Start Small! Take out one unhealthy item (at a time). Maybe you could start by giving up coke. OR, if you know that you could never completely cut out coke, then cut back to one a day. Really! One summer I lost 12-14 pounds just cutting back to one soda a day.

OR, maybe your nemesis is sweets. Maybe you could cut out sweet desserts except for one weekend treat.

OR, maybe you could slowly wean yourself off of caffeine.

OR, you could force yourself to eat one or two more servings of vegetable and fruit every day! It is a great time of year for that! Getting out of the house and going to the farmer's market is a lot of fun. Or, if you have room in your yard or patio you can plant a garden or grow a few pots of tomatoes.

OR, get out and walk a few minutes every day.

It does NOT have to happen all at once. Only you know what you can handle. I just want to encourage you to make one change.

(I am speaking from experience. I would not be torturing myself with so many drastic changes at once, except that my naturopath expects these changes to heal my body. And still... I struggle! I am not obeying half of the restrictions placed on me.)


-----
updated - y-day I started small with working on my abs and arms. I did 20 crunches and 2 push ups. Hey, it's a start!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Sigh* I had typed a comment, but pushed the wrong button. I'll write later. Keep up the awesome discipline!

Love, Krista

Bethany W. said...

Krista,
thanks for stopping by. Sorry the computer ate your comment.

Bethany