Friday, April 20, 2012

Friday Morning

A cool morning here in mid-MO. Kind of makes me want a cup of coffee. don't worry. I won't give in.

This morning I wanted eggs and toast for breakfast. And, there is nothing wrong with eggs and toast. Except that I have been juicing instead of eating normal breakfast foods. Well, I did not give in to temptation. I made my favorite carrot apple juice (4 apples, 2 carrots, and one quarter lemon). By the first sip I was so glad that I did not make eggs. Fruit juices taste so wonderful and feel so clean. Don't ask me to explain that... it just feels good.

I ordered a new juicer this morning, a Jay Kordhich juicer/grinder. Paul's Juiceman juicer is about 15 years old and wastes a lot of produce (which is not good when you are shelling out the big bucks for organic!) I would NOT buy this machine for a mere "diet." But, Paul has always loved juicing and I too want to make it a permanent lifestyle change. Also, this new machine says it can grind almonds into milk. I'd like to try that. So, I signed up for the 30 day "free" trial. If the machine is not all that we think it should be we will send it back. But, I am pretty certain that we will love it and keep it. (All the same - maybe you should wait to see if I like mine before you go out and order one.)

So, I have my tummy full of yummy healthy juice. And, I am off to teach the kiddoes.

1 comment:

NYLass said...

Yea for obedience!!! :O)

If you get a chance click over to my blog and read my Friday post.

I borrowed it from another blogger - because it blessed me so much - pray it blesses you!
peace, dear