Wednesday, June 3, 2020

June 2020 update

You guys, I don't mean to be a terrible blogger. I love writing. But, most of my past 20 months has been spent caring for our newest family member, Nathaniel. Nathaniel is 20 months old today. The complications of his pregnancy and birth are all a bit dim now, as I am chasing around this happy bubby!

I actually got on today to write out an analogy, but I feel like I need to write an update first... in the slim chance that I still have any lifelong followers. If you are out there - hey, guys! I love ya!

Rebecca, my oldest, just graduated homeschool highschool. We didn't have our diploma ceremony yet, because of corona-complications. But, I expect that we will get to that in the coming week. Before coronavirus, she was very busy working as a nanny and a house cleaner. We are not yet sure what she will be doing in the Fall.
Rebecca dressed for TeenPact

Nelson is 16 now. He loves camping and fishing. He's quite the introvert, so I won't share anything else about him here.

Lydia, who now prefers to be LJ in my online platforms, is almost 15. She's still battling chronic autoimmune stuff. And, we are still trying to get to the root problem of her fatigue issues, but she seems better this past year. She is using Floradix (over the counter) iron supplement and that has made a huge difference! LJ is a creative writer and artist. When "genius burns" we may not see her for a whole day...locked away in her room writing.

Joshua is almost 13. He will be a public schooled 8th grader next year. He has done well academically in public school, and most days I am glad that I sent him there. Joshua likes playing outside, he loves time with friends, and he wants to play football. (Yeah, I'm not sure I am okay with that.)

Rebecca and Josh -May 2020
Josiah is 10. He will be a public schooled 5th grader in the fall. He likes all things outdoors as well as gaming. Actually, that's all my boys. He is still my Happy boy.

Jeremiah is 8. He will be a public schooled 3rd grader in the fall. Jeremiah has a sensitive heart and is a bit more introverted than his bigger brothers. He loves to play outside. He adores baby Nathaniel. And, he's an all-around good kid.
Rebecca, Me, Lydia - May 2020

Lastly, Nathaniel is my toddler. He can run faster than I can. He can pretty much climb anything. And, he is trying to talk. He is body smart, so moving is his strong suit. Moving, moving, moving. He is one busy boy.

Paul is still working at the IL Dept of Corrections. He's been there since our move to IL in 2017.

I am not currently working outside of the home. I was a choir director for about 2 years, but resigned last fall. Now, I spend my days overseeing homeschool for my older kiddos and keeping the baby alive. Just keeping Nathaniel safe IS a full time job. (winks)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm a lifelong follower! ;) Thanks for the update! I have always loved your writing. Feel free to email me.

Sandi/Sandra

Bethany W. said...

Sandi, I didn't see that you left me a comment back in August! I need to check my settings. I am honored to have you as a "lifelong follower." Thanks for sticking with me through the years!
Bethany