Sunday, October 4, 2015

Impressions

(Re-posted 8-14-2018. I originally removed this post because it is a corollary to another post that I had previously removed. I need to stop being scared of what people think of me.)

I didn't mean to give the impression (with my quiverful post) that I am angry and depressed all of the time. I am not. But, when I have flare ups in my health, it is easier to become angry and depressed.

I love my family. I am so pleased with the young men and young ladies who live under my roof! Sometimes I am dumb-founded at who they are becoming! They all simply amaze me!

And, I can honestly say that I have had a hand in that. Paul did not raise these children alone. I am hard on myself (especially when I am sick), but I have to admit that I shared in the task of raising these fine children. So, I really have to admit that even with all the junk we have been through that we must be doing something right. Even though I complain (a lot) about being sick, we are still pressing through this whole parenting business.

There is no such thing as a perfect parent, because we are all sinners. But, we can do our best day by day to love our children, teach them with grace, and apologize when we screw up. That's about the best any of us can do.

So, please do not think I am sitting here in despair. I am not. God has redeemed what I had considered ruined.

God will lead me (us) to raise these children for Him!
-----------
By the way, I published a poem on the other blog today. Thoughts on John 15

No comments: