Saturday, March 13, 2010

America's Godly Heritage

We watched a documentary movie this afternoon entitled America's Godly Heritage. It is available through Netflix, click here.) We were VERY pleased with this documentary.

I HIGHLY recommend that all Christian families watch this movie! I was amazed by many of the quotes contained within the movie. The movie, by the way, relies almost entirely on first-hand historical documents. So, we are hearing the original writing's of the founding fathers.

This documentary spends a lot of time talking about the true meaning of "seperation of church and state." And, how Thomas Jefferson's words have been taken terribly out of context since the 1960s. The film also focuses on the downfall of our nation since prayer, Bible reading, and the Ten Commandments were taken out of school. (And, no - I am not arguing that these things should be put back in... that era is over). It is amazing to see how assertions made by the founding fathers, regarding our nation's need to stay rooted in biblical principles, have proven true!

I highly recommend that you add this movie to you Netflix queue!

2 comments:

Simple said...

We plan on seeing this video soon. Thanks for telling us about it.

Check out my blog I gave you and award...

Blessings

Anonymous said...

I was able to put a copy on hold at the library. I look forward to viewing it. Thanks for the recommend.