Thursday, January 9, 2014

Long awaited book update

I am so happy that I could burst!

I finished reworking my fiction novel (the first of a series) and I wrote the epilogue tonight! I know this does not mean the book is "done." But, I am certainly going in the right direction!

Please pray that the Lord would lead me in my decisions about an editor and how to publish. There are far more options to consider than you can imagine... and I feel a bit overwhelmed. The book is an easy read, but not as easy as most modern Christian fiction. The book has a mix of humor as well as serious discussions about dealing with tragedy and trauma. I am pleased with how it has turned out and I do not want to cut out the parts of theological discussion that make the book what it is. Nor do I want some inane cover than would completely misrepresent the nature of the work!

Thank you for your prayers on this venture! I had not written anything in the book since the end of May 2013 for one reason or another... time restraints and then health issues. But, yesterday I felt the Lord leading me to start reworking/editing what I had already written. And, to my great surprise it went much quicker than I would have thought. I like the place where I decided to end the book last May, and just needed to add an epilogue to tie up strings and set up for the next book in the series. And, the first part of the next book was written back in May as well... so, I am quite happy!

I will keep you posted as I can about the progress of my book.

To God be the Glory!

5 comments:

Arthur Sido said...

Looking forward to reading it!

MamaHen said...

WOO-HOO!!! What an accomplishment Bethany! So excited for you.

Bethany W. said...

Arthur,
That is a kind thing to say! Thank you!

I giggle though, to think about you reading the book. I use a lot of words that you would not care for my definition of like "pastor" and "church." One day I was rereading one of my paragraphs to myself and thought of you (and others) that would say I sorely misuse those words in my book. I wonder if you could make it through the first chapter before throwing the book away. One of my chief characters is the church pastor. (that is, in the way 90% of the world understands those words).

I am only half in earnest, you know that right? I don't think you would be that severe of me.

Teasingly,
Bethany

Bethany W. said...

Wendy,
Thank you, dear!

Bethany

Bean said...

Congratulations.

Bean