Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Moving Forward

This blog has always been very authentic (some would say "to a fault"). But, Paul and I have a passion for reaching out to others in the trenches by sharing that we too have been there.

Yet, as I re-read my posts I see bitterness in some of them. I wish to apologize to those who hold convictions that I recently mentioned with an unkind tone. I did not see how my comments were so ugly at the time. I am not deleting anything, because these posts are part of our journey and the attitudes/honesty I expressed have actually ministered to others who feel the same way. BUT, Paul and I wish to keep moving forward. We are not stuck in bitterness. I am no longer writing/talking in such a cynical way as I did in a few of my previous posts. I truly believe that cynicism and sarcasm generally reveal a bitter root. I wish to dig up all these bitter roots and replant grace bearing plants in their place!

Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.Phil 3:13-14 (NASB)

We will keep pressing forward! 

No comments: