Friday, November 5, 2010

Canning Goals

Reposted 09-26-2011

I was frustrated to discover that Wal-Mart's Great Value brand Dark Red Kidney Beans contain High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)! What will they add HFCS to next?!

I am no longer a food nazi that refuses to eat anything with sugar or HFCS in it. BUT, I do try to limit my family's intake!

One of my new goals for canning is that I will pre-soak/cook beans and can them. This would take up a lot of space, but it would be great for convenience! I am thinking that soaking a HUGE pot of just one bean variety would be enough to get me started. I don't want to become overwhelmed, trying to take on too much at once (who, me?). I think this plan of action sounds feasible. I got the idea of canning beans from Kim at Life in a Shoe.

ALSO:
I want to can my home-made re-fried beans, which I am currently freezing.

I want to can my own applesauce rather than freezing it.

I want to can my own pie filling.


These are just a few of my canning goals.

No comments: