Saturday, April 4, 2015

Spring - An April Update

(whoops, I forgot to publish this one)

It is Spring and my body is still waking from hibernation. I did not have much pain this past winter, but my energy levels were quite low. Even though I felt better I think my health was still subpar.

I recently read Stepping Heavenward again. Always a pleasure. I love the writing style. I love the primary characters. Reading the book again challenged me. Along with my physical hibernation I have also been struggling spiritually. Doubt. Bitterness. Anxiety. All the chief players were taking shots at me and I didn't fight back... I guess I was too tired to do so. But, reading the book seemed to have jerked my spiritual heart out of cardiac arrest.

I see now more than ever how Christian fiction truly can touch lives. I want to write books that encourage people to look up from whatever is dragging them down. I want to write books that improve people's lives. This is no short order. I need to keep praying.

There are different seasons of life. And, I know that (after God) family comes first. I will not add anything to my life that will harm my family. My husband is great about helping me to see a big picture. But, this I know, I love writing. And when I am not writing, I am not happy. I don't mean that I have to write public blogs or books. But, I am compelled to write something. I need to keep praying about what that "something" should be.


No comments: