Thursday, May 16, 2013

Paul's job - and update

Just a quick update to tell y'all that Paul has started a temporary seasonal job at UPS delivering packages full-time. This is a summer job while the regular drivers take their vacations. He will be working 9-7ish daily. Weekends off! We are grateful for the additional income to get us out of the hole (caused by three months without pay)! We are now praying for a second car, since our little van that Paul was driving blew a head gasket. Someone bought that off of us, because we did not have the means to fix it. And, now Paul is driving the big 12 passenger van to work daily. Once or twice a week I will be taking him to work and picking him up so that I can get out of the house.

we appreciate your prayers for Paul's back and my sanity. Paul is hurting. His back is not in good shape. But, Paul feels like he must keep working. As for me, being alone with the children all day has been an adjustment. By the time Paul comes home, I am ready to pull my hair out.

Still, amidst these new adjustments, I continue to work on my fiction novel. I have nearly 60,000 words and I am probably 3/4 of the way finished. Paul and the children are totally supportive, and I could not do this "job" without them. I have been so blessed in writing this book. I can't wait for you all to read it someday...

That's all for now. Gotta go check on kiddoes.

No comments: