Sunday, December 6, 2020

Balance 2020

Every year I choose one word on which to focus. It's an acknowledgement that I need growth in a certain area. As an example, two other words I chose in recent years were joy and gratitude. The words I considered for 2020 were Balance, Purpose and Priorities (hmmm, anyone see a theme there?). Little did I know what challenges faced me in 2020 as I tentatively penned those words in my pocket-sized journal.

How has Balance changed my life in 2020? 

Have you ever seen a Kibitzer Chair? We had one growing up. It's a three-legged chair that feels a little unsteady at times. Figuring out my purpose and priorities in 2020 to achieve BALANCE is a little like sitting on a kibitzer chair. In the end, it comes down to three things for me: spiritual health, mental/emotional health, and physical health. You can read a little bit more about my great balancing act of 2020 here. 

In general, we live in a myopic society that generally focuses on one discipline at a time. Don't get me wrong, I know that we all have seasons in which growth is slow or needs to be focused in one area. I'm just saying that what I am learning about myself is that if I focus too much on one area my kibitzer chair topples. 

How will you balance your priorities in the new year? Have you started thinking about a word or a Bible verse to focus on in 2021? How can I help to encourage you to take the time and energy to pursue spiritual, mental/emotional, and physical health in these next 12 months? 


No comments: